As a fun, fast boat that has the best that modern technology and design can offer, the PIXEL appeals to a wide range of sailors. The stable, self –bailing open cockpit is comfortable and easy to move around in keeping sailors feeling safe and in control. The epoxy hull is both lighter and stronger than traditional polyester fiberglass giving better performance and greater longevity. The carbon fiber mast means lighter weight aloft for better performance without reducing sail area. It also makes it easier for smaller sailors to rig and de-rig. Whether a "seasoned salt", beginning sailor or somewhere in between, the PIXEL has something to offer everyone! Are you one of the following?
Try a PIXEL and you’ll see—It’s the whole point of sailing!
- Would-be Optimist sailors who want to sail with a friend or two
- Ex-Optimist sailors who are not ready for the weight and power of the Club 420
- Sailing schools that need 2 or 3 sailors to a boat
- Sailing schools that want to put an instructor on a boat with 2 sailors
- Sailors who want to learn to fly a spinnaker without the need for a trapeze
- Recreational sailors who want simplicity AND speed
- Teen sailors
- Adult sailors looking for a comfortable open cockpit and high boom
- Frostbiters looking for a clean, open and easily sailed boat that rights quickly